Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my screen stuck on updating with no bar for progress and the screen keep flashing for few times and then restart and so on, been doing this for days, kia niro 2017 hybrid Korean, I tried the hard reset button on the dashboard with a pin but it didn't work, also how I reached here? I went to settings in software update and it said there is an update on memory and I hit update. With the lockdown there is no way to get this fixed with a dealer so your expertise and help are highly appreciated, I am sure there has to be a hard reset since it's an android like holding 3 keys together like with normal phones.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the hard reset button didn't help the issue I'm afraid you have to visit a dealer to fix it. There's no other way to reboot/restart the unit that I know of.
I hope the situation lockdown-wise will clear up soon. But not too soon though...

·
Registered
150 Posts
where did you get the update? do you have the correct SD inserted correctly? hope you didn't get a bootlegged SD and corrupted the core OS.

·
Premium Member
2020 Kia Niro EX Premium
44 Posts
I took my car in for the initial oil change last Wednesday and asked the service manager to have them install the latest software update for the Nav system. They performed what is listed on the invoice as Open Recall SA446 AVN Software Update. The invoice also lists performed upgrade 9791.
I have not had the time to go through and reassign the radio presets or use the Nav system on a trip but I can attest to the fact the 3 widget display functions as it did before the update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took my car in for the initial oil change last Wednesday and asked the service manager to have them install the latest software update for the Nav system. They performed what is listed on the invoice as Open Recall SA446 AVN Software Update. The invoice also lists performed upgrade 9791.
I have not had the time to go through and reassign the radio presets or use the Nav system on a trip but I can attest to the fact the 3 widget display functions as it did before the update.
unfortunately Kia dealer in my country didnt know how to fix it he just removed car battery cable for 5 min then reconnect it and not thing changed

·
Premium Member
2020 Kia Niro EX Premium
44 Posts
Yesterday I attempted to redo my presets. To my chagrin, there does not appear to be a facility for setting presets. At least not the way the manual describes the procedure. Has anyone with a PHEV with a 10" screen been able to set a preset?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,557 Posts
Yesterday I attempted to redo my presets. To my chagrin, there does not appear to be a facility for setting presets. At least not the way the manual describes the procedure. Has anyone with a PHEV with a 10" screen been able to set a preset?
Well, my '19 doesn't have the 10" screen, but my preset configuration method has changed as well. You no longer hold the preset button while on the station. There's a star on the right side of the screen. If you touch it, it turns red, and it is now a preset. The preset buttons are sorted numerically. My FM stations are at the top, then the SXM stations. I can find no way to alter the order of the presets. I don't care for that, but it is what it is.

·
Premium Member
2020 Kia Niro EX Premium
44 Posts
Well I was able to program presets but now I cannot find them! The channels have been removed from the channel listing but for the life of me I have not been able to pull up the preset list.
Are the online manuals updated when new software upgrades become available?

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
I haven't looked at the online manuals, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're still based on the previous firmware.

So your preset buttons don't list the channels you've added? Have you scrolled through them all? Like I said, you can no longer control which button which station is saved to. But they all show on mine. Of course, you have a different display than mine, so not a direct comparison. I believe there is an email contact on the download page for the firmware, so perhaps they can provide some assistance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have my screen stuck on updating with no bar for progress and the screen keep flashing for few times and then restart and so on, been doing this for days, kia niro 2017 hybrid Korean, I tried the hard reset button on the dashboard with a pin but it didn't work, also how I reached here? I went to settings in software update and it said there is an update on memory and I hit update. With the lockdown there is no way to get this fixed with a dealer so your expertise and help are highly appreciated, I am sure there has to be a hard reset since it's an android like holding 3 keys together like with normal phones.

Hi dear
Can you help me how did you fix it
I have the Same Problem

thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
If the system is truly locked up, the dealer is the only one that can assist. With their diagnostic equipment they might be able to force load the firmware, and if it bricked the unit they can handle the warranty claim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the system is truly locked up, the dealer is the only one that can assist. With their diagnostic equipment they might be able to force load the firmware, and if it bricked the unit they can handle the warranty claim.
I already went to Kia Dealer in my country and plug wireless connection to fuse connector to Ipad screen KIA app
he cannot find any options for sound system reading in Kia App its just for car system (Key, Engine, fuel...Etc )

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
If your car is still under warranty, then the dealer should replace the radio for you. If it's not, you're probably on your own. If a hard reset (including disconnecting it from power) does nothing, there's probably nothing that can be done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts