Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just installed the Homelink Mirror in my 2018 Niro. At first reading of the instructions it looked like a lot of work removing panels and covers. So I decided to first remove the mirror and then I realized that since I had the Auto-Dimming Mirror it was as simple as unplugging that mirror and plugging in the Homelink mirror. It is true that the ignition has to be on but, if it isn't why would I be opening the Garage door While I thinking about it, is anyone interested in purchasing my Auto-Dimming mirror. All of the stuff needed to install it is included with the mirror.

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
Does the Homelink mirror have the UVO buttons on it? Is your Niro the PHEV? Kia insists that I can't install the Homelink mirror in mine because of UVO.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, there are no UVO buttons on the Homelink mirror. My Niro is not a PHEV and UVO is accessed via the Touch screen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No, there are no UVO buttons on the Homelink mirror. My Niro is not a PHEV and UVO is accessed via the Touch screen.
what mirror did you buy? I bought a used mirror off of an older Kia Optima and I can't get the garage door opener button to work without some modification.

My EX premium HEV has 3 pin in 10 connector but the mirror I've bought has 6 pins. After some googling, it seems Kia sells kits for dealership installation but I'm not about to drop $200 on such a minor improvement.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Can you recap what you've gained and lost by changing out the stock (auto dimming) mirror and replacing it with the homelink mirror? From my understanding you gain a garage door opener button and maybe loose the SOS and tow truck buttons?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ji,
This is the part number that I installed G5F62-AU000 Auto Dimming Mirror W/ Homelink and compass $218.90. I checked to see if this is the one for your Kia model and it is.

I have attached Photos of the wiring harness from the installation kit that came with the mirror that came with the mirror. I did not need it because I had the Auto Dimming Mirror and it uses the same cable.

Did you erase the previous programming on you mirror? Also what year Kia did the mirror come out of? One last thing, the mirror won't open the door if the Kia isn't running. Let me have the part number off of the back of the mirror you you're installing.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I stated in an earlier post, I didn't have any buttons beside the one that turns auto dimming on/off (see attached photo). I have the Premium Package and the UVO app both on my phone and the Niro touch screen is how I would summon assistance.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts