Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of the OEM Kia roof bars for my Niro and they arrived earlier this week. However, I did not receive any instructions with them, and I'm wondering if anyone else has ordered the same bars? If so, do you have a copy of the instructions that you'd be willing to scan and share?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Shared with me

You put then on and tighten the allen screws. No instructions with mine either.
Rather an off handed reply... you did not mention the directional arrows nor spacing. Anyway... those were concerns I had and the dealership I used (Barnett Kia in White Bear Lake MN) installed them incorrectly.

I had put out a similar request and someone was kind enough to share this with me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgshgrec0m4cjk3/G3 Rack Installation Instructions-1.pdf?dl=0

·
Registered
665 Posts
Rather an off handed reply... you did not mention the directional arrows nor spacing. Anyway... those were concerns I had and the dealership I used (Barnett Kia in White Bear Lake MN) installed them incorrectly.

I had put out a similar request and someone was kind enough to share this with me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgshgrec0m4cjk3/G3 Rack Installation Instructions-1.pdf?dl=0

Didnt really worry about arrows or spacing, as long as they fit and stay in place, they are doing their job.

I set my spacing based on the kayak, not on any generic assembly instruction.

Its really nothing to get worked up over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I mounted a Yakima rack this weekend and was surprised, when testing how secure they were, that the back sections of the rails come right off! They seem to be affixed with just a few small clips - Definitely not secure. I hope the middle section of the rails is more securely connected? Quite important when carrying canoes…

·
Registered
665 Posts
I mounted a Yakima rack this weekend and was surprised, when testing how secure they were, that the back sections of the rails come right off! They seem to be affixed with just a few small clips - Definitely not secure. I hope the middle section of the rails is more securely connected? Quite important when carrying canoes…
Those front and back areas are just plastic transition pieces. Keep the clips mostly on the center section. I keep mine about 75% on the center and 25% on the front and rear. It's exactly the spacing I need for my kayaks seat to fit.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Niro EV EX Premium
12 Posts
Just the complete lack of attachment points! I was able to run some line through the hood and around the rear hatch, definitely not ideal though.
My comment was a pretty un-clever joke about your name and your need for boat hauling and impending doom. I agree the roof-racks aren't the most user-friendly.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Thanks! Glad you've road-tested that approach. Seem like attaching front or rear lines is bit challenging on this vehicle, so secure racks seem pretty key for boat transport...
Noah
Just get some of the tie down loops that are made for modern vehicles without good spots for ropes. They either loop around something under the hood or (in my case) they bolt to an existing fastener under the hood. You fold them up when you don't need them and close the hood. Totally hidden.

I've put thousands of miles on my set-up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.