Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought LED Glow lights for my 2019 Kia Niro to add “glow” to my footwells like I see on some high-end cars. I needed two critical features this LED Glow set has: 1] power on/off when the car is turned on/off. 2] ability to adjust brightness. Installation: I watched the LED Glow videos and at least 4 more from YouTube - my installation did not go as easy as any of those but with some extra effort it all worked out. I used 3M double sided tape provided to install the two front light. Not sure the tape will hold. May need to use screw clips if the tape fails. For the rear lights I used an ice pick and twist ties. I unclipped the rear seat material (held tight by elastic bands) and punched holes through the material with the ice pick. Then I twist tied the two rear lights in place. Reattached the elastic bands and the rear sets were done. I wired my set to the fuse box so the lights come on/off when the car is turned on/off - - you must buy an “add a circuit” for this installation. It was simple to route all the wires under the plastic trim pieces along the outside door jambs. No trim had to be removed. Used 2 feet of 14 gauge electrical wire as a “fish stick” to pull light wires from drivers side to passenger side. Here is the link to Amazon if you are interested. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KO5FB2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great mod for the money and I like that you can choose between a variety of different modes. Just out of curiosity have you played around with the sound activated function? Could be neat to see it go along to music.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have not used the sound activation feature with this unit. Watching several YouTube videos I saw some people had problems with their uniting keeping up with the music beat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts