Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked for info, but haven't found much on the 2019s. I am wanting to replace the halogen interior bulbs on my Niro LX with LEDs. Does anyone know the exact size? Everything I found online said they were festoon but in mine it's a wedge type. Just can't make out the size. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well bit the bullet and ordered some bulbs that I thought were right. Luckily they worked out. The brighter color of the LEDs over the halogen is so much better. I attached the bulbs I bought.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get into the rear overhead light in the back seats to see what kind of bulb is in there. So far I have tried from every angle and nothing seems to want to budge. Hopefully someone has a trick?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
520 Posts
Yes, they are brighter than what was in there before. It will make a difference during the daytime, but I wonder if you use them at night when you are likely to want to, it will have an effect on your night vision. As you drive at night your eyes adjust to the darkness. having a yellow light will not temporarily blind you if you turn it on. Think of it like the headlights. if you have a car coming towards you with yellow lights, you can see fine after they pass, but with the really bright white lights, you are left seeing halos and artefacts in your vision and can't see the road clearly. that is why places like the EU don't allow certain bulbs in cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I can count on one hand how many times in the last 10 years of driving that I have turned any cabin lights on while driving any of my vehicles. I mainly like it because it's easier to find things at night when the car is parked and it lights up the inside better when exciting and entering the vehicle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Touring model comes standard with LED's. I was wondering if there is any difference in the fixtures. LED's can get very hot, melt the fixture if left on long enough. They also produce RFI/EMI, a just in case heads up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Watch this guys video
He tells you how to change the bulbs and the sizes you need plus included links to Amazon for purchase. For the fastoon bulbs make sure you order 31mm I made the mistake of listening to Amazon auto and card.com and ordered 36mm they are too long...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts