Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to figure this out. In my former vehicle, when I opened the doors, lights would come on and stay on for about 10-20 seconds. After closing a door, interior lights would stay on for 10-20 seconds then shut off automatically. I can't seem to find a setting for that on the Niro. Is there a means to achieve this (without having to hit the switch to turn them on)

·
Registered
125 Posts
There are 2 buttons between the front dome lights. Depress the button on the passenger side. That will solve your problem.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Too bad they don't have something more interactive for an owners manual since that could save Kia a lot of time on a corporate level and dealership level. The more we can answer our own questions the better for everyone.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice Tip!!

Well, I have to say thanks to this tip! I had gotten used to this minor, but useful feature in the old Leaf, nice to see it is available on my EX! I just went out and pushed the button, NICE!!!

I owe someone a beer!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I have to say thanks to this tip! I had gotten used to this minor, but useful feature in the old Leaf, nice to see it is available on my EX! I just went out and pushed the button, NICE!!!

I owe someone a beer!!
Perhaps I'm missing something. Have the same issue. I want the interior lights to come on at night when I unlock the door and get into the Niro. Per the suggestion above, I depressed the driver side door button on the overhead light panel. The lights now come on when I open the door. Cool. Problem is they do NOT go off when I turn the car off and exit the vehicle. Any ideas?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on the overhead console, button on passenger side, Lights will stay on for about 20 seconds after closing the door before they go off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive just started noticing that my drivers side interior light wont turn off at all, will only turn off once key is out and car is locked, once on and engine running, all other lights turn off after the normal 20 or so seconds, however this one light will stay on and wont turn off. Anyone got anything to resolve this issue?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts