Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My name is Joseph. I'm living in West Texas working as an intensive care unit nurse and currently attending nurse practitioner school. My wife and I had our second baby not long ago and decided our 2016 Chevy Volt LT was just too small. As much as we loved that car, we decided to sell it to purchase a used 2018 EX (PHEV) we found in Colorado and couldn't be happier with our decision. We quickly put on 1,000 miles that included a 300 mile weekend getaway and love the ride quality (quiet cabin/quiet motor) and MPG that the car gets in hybrid mode. I also recently picked up the OEM roof racks and am patiently waiting for someone to Craigslist a roof top cargo box to have for our upcoming trip to Disneyland this October.

I'm looking forward to chatting with ya'll and hope I can, at some point, contribute useful information to new or perspective buyers.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome! I was thinking about getting a roof rack for my 2018 Touring edition for our trip to Jacksonville for a cruise.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello Joseph and welcome to the forum. Probably a good move to get out of the Volt seeing as how it wont be around any longer.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Welcome --- Hope you enjoy your KIA.

Check out Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN (near Smoky Mtn National Park) as a tourist destination with plenty to do. Beats FL any time is my opinion and is likely cheaper for everything (lodging, restaurants, gas). Fall is leaf color time also.

Pigeon Forge is in between Sevierville, TN and Gatlinburg, TN (it all runs together). Gatlinburg is at the North Entrance to Smoky Mtn National Park.

Lot of lakes, streams, hiking, etc. as well.

Research it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts