Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have had my Niro since the beginning of December 2017. I came across this forum when initially looking into the Niro, and once again when the rear passenger door handle decided to break. So, here I am now wondering if anyone has any luck with the dealership covering this issue under warranty.

·
Registered
289 Posts
This seems to be a common enough issue that dealers might have owners on a long wait depending how many parts they have in.
Once you contact your dealer let us know how soon they can book you in.

btw welcome!

·
Registered
178 Posts
We purchased our Niro EX in mid July and had one rear door handle come off in October. They took one of a NEW Niro on the lot, ordered 3 more, and on the day of the "fix" I was out of there in less than one hour. I was told they are not replacing the driver door handle, recall does NOT call for that, and the reason is the key lock, every single key lock and key would have to be replaced nation wide, better to wait for it to break if ever, it's also more re-enforced than the other 3 door handles, from what I was told by the Kia tech trained on the Niro's.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Too bad they can't be more proactive because that might help in giving them the sale sedge they're probably after right now with all these new models coming to market. Hopefully it doesn't backfire on them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the information!

I did call the dealership, they had no problem covering the part under warranty. Took 2 days for them to receive the part, which was already painted the appropriate color. Said they also checked the remaining 3 doors to ensure they were okay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts