Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous Prius V 2013 owner here, I was very disappointed when Toyota discontinued the Prius V. I tried the Prius Prime but do not like the seating for 4 only, the lack of storage compared to the Niro, and do not like Toyota's horrible GPS systems and Entune. We have had 2005 Prius, 2008 Prius Touring, 2010 Prius, and finally the 2013 Prius V. We have an all electric Nissan Leaf but wanted a Plug In Hybrid for longer trips beyond the Leaf's range. I was frustrated that the Niro has such a small distribution. For about 4 weeks the number of Ex Premiums had stood at 5 for Kansas City, Spread over 6 dealers. No reds, blues or sunroofs. I settled for a Black with Light interior.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome Bill,

I had the same issue in Atlanta Georgia. They had only a few and they were base models and I wanted a blue EX...they only had a red EX which I did not want. The dealer wanted our business so he had to go out of state to get it. The only problem was that when they called me to come and get it they had made a mistake and brought a blue Touring model. They admitted their mistake but still gave it to me at a great price of $26,000 out the door. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome Bill. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

A bit of unsolicited advice...I don’t know if you are intentionally using your real email address as your username, but you might start getting a lot of junk mail if it is.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on finally sourcing your Niro. I've heard that Nissan has a long range version of the Leaf coming soon, but I still don't think it will compare to the range found in segment leaders.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I realized my mistake when I saw my first post. Administration helped me change it. So far, no additional spam email received. Glad to be here.
Bill

·
Registered
150 Posts
Congrats Bill. I looked at the Prius V 2017, but didn't like the white interior trim and the visibility.

So glad to hear there is a red niro in the wild! I'm waiting for my dream configuration, a red ex premium, plug in to show up locally. Hopefully it will happen before I have to buy a new car. My 1997 Toyota Camry is still chugging along, but I'm now making 8 hr trips to AZ at least once a month. I'd love the smart cruise control and heated seats for the drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Bill. We used to drive Prius also. Had a new 2012, drove it until it had 160k miles, traded in on a slightly used 2016 Prius V. Loved it until a suicidal deer ran in front of us and totaled it. Went to look at a new V, found out they quit making them. All the Prius on the lot had that ugly black/white interior, which I thought looked like someone killed an orca and skinned it for the interior material. No way I could pay money for less than a V and drive in a Shamu killer whale car. So we got a Niro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts