Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the plug-in Niro available outside California? I was at a dealership in AZ and was told they dont offer plug-in or ev versions of any Kia's in AZ. I have to buy one in CA and I can't get it serviced (warranty work) in AZ if I do buy one.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I’ve seen nothing about it being restricted to CA on the media coverage nor on the Kia webpage:
https://www.kia.com/nirophev

It seems that that dealers are often ignorant on new tech vehicles that aren’t mass market/best sellers.
And from the anecdotal evidence in here, it seems dealers in states that border CA are the ones that tend to assume everything is CA only unless someone told them otherwise.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Here’s another idea for you...
Kia has a great dealer inventory search on their website (it can sometimes be a few days behind what’s sold etc). If I search around here (northern NJ/NYC), I find 7 Kia PHEVs at 3 different dealers with 100 miles. That’s pretty rare still but clearly around.

Not sure what you’ll find around you but you should be able to prove it’s a lot more than CA. And they are just rolling out so if they’re not around you get, maybe just wait a month or so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did use that search for 100+ miles, all were in CA from my zip code in AZ. I did same search for optima plug in and soul ev. Only found them in CA.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interesting. Just did my zip code (just outside DC) and the only PHEV LX is 144 miles away and EXs are 200 plus miles away in Connecticut.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is the plug-in Niro available outside California? I was at a dealership in AZ and was told they dont offer plug-in or ev versions of any Kia's in AZ. I have to buy one in CA and I can't get it serviced (warranty work) in AZ if I do buy one.
I bought one in MA, but we are a CARB state, so maybe that is why I could find one here? Not sure what the other CARB states are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts