Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What sort of mileage did you get in hybrid mode on the highway (not considering EV range)? And at what speed?
When I noticed my engine go on, I was not technically on highway. was about 8 miles or so from my charging destination (near home). Was roughly driving 45 - 55 mph and flowing with traffic, but had several traffic signals I needed to stop at.
I was not using A/C and was not driving with windows open. Technically the MPG on picture I posted, includes a 3/4 mile on electric after charging. Anyone want to figure that out, have at it...(not sure how accurate the MPG is on NIRO PHEV yet since I've only had it for 1,300 miles.)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took road trip in city driving on Wednesday and go4 24 Miles with 35% battery left before re-charging.

That was with 3 guys in car and full size tire in cargo area with A/C on (one guy was complaining of heat, and had jacket on)... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe HEV-only cars typically do spurts of EV-only when they can. The difference is that PHEV electric motors are typically larger in addition to their larger traction battery, so they can both go much longer in EV-only mode, and go much faster in EV-only mode.
My previous car was a 2010 Prius... there was a stretch I could go about 2 plus miles if I drove under 35 miles... took some carful managing since was not completely flat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts