Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love it! So far mileage varies between 46-53, with ~70% city driving. My favorite part though is how quiet it is inside. Has anyone else noticed the high pitched (regenerative brake) whine (kind of a dog whistle sound) during braking? I think it's normal and am slowly getting used to it.

Does this forum have an appropriate place to sell items that came with the car? My EX came with factory carpeted floor mats, which I have, shrink-wrapped brand new, and don't intend to use. (Dealer gave me free rubber mats so I don't want the carpeted ones.)

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congratulations, Odysseus! I don't notice a brake sound on mine. What part of the country are you in? I don't know if there's a sales place on this forum....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only hear it at low speeds or when stopped while pushing against the brake pedal at various pressures. I'll have my wife do a sound recording of it while she is a passenger some time, and upload it here.

I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Scrutch

I just picked up the new LX last Friday and I'm starting to get used to it.
I hear the whine with harder braking, and I like it, I know it's putting more
juice in the battery. It sure rides better than my 14 Soul did and a lot quieter also. Looks like it's going to be about 47 MPG on the first tank, that mostly highway at 65 MPH. It's even been cold enough here the last to days to try out the electric heater, works great so far, hope it does it's thing at -20 next winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts