Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just brought our new Niro Touring (in metal stream) home yesterday. With about 90 miles put on it, the avg mpg is showing 48. We are very pleased with the ride and handling. We traded in a Ford C-Max. While the C-Max does have quicker acceleration, the Niro is more than adequate. Our Niro has the Technology Package. Fortunately we have not verified the autonomous emergency braking, hopefully we won't have to.

Steve

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats, have the same one. See if you can activate the "coasting guide" I still haven't been able to activate it. I may be turned off in the driving aids menu.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did turn on Coasting Guide in the menu. No idea yet if it works. We will be traveling on some hilly stretches of interstate using navigation Friday and Saturday (3/3 and 3/4). I'll update with results.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I finally got it to turn on, haha. So I guess it is working. I don't think it's going to be useful most of the time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We just brought our new Niro Touring (in metal stream) home yesterday. With about 90 miles put on it, the avg mpg is showing 48. We are very pleased with the ride and handling. We traded in a Ford C-Max. While the C-Max does have quicker acceleration, the Niro is more than adequate. Our Niro has the Technology Package. Fortunately we have not verified the autonomous emergency braking, hopefully we won't have to.

Steve
mine seems to have OK acceleration off the line, but nothing over 60mph! A few times I have shifted into sport mode and then it was quite peppy!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hopefully someone comes out with a tune for these since that might give us the extra bit of punch we want and given how much car makers like Hyundai share parts within a range of vehicles it should be a cost efficient move for a tuner to make.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree, I think it could use a bit more pep but turning on the Sport mode did give it somewhat of a push. But with no tach, it is difficult to hear the revs when windows down or radio on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts