Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Niro Hybrid EX w/ Premium Package
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closed the deal on a 2018 Kia Niro Ex w/ Premium Package. Think I got a pretty good deal at 22.4k for a CPO with only 28k miles?

Anyways, I'm excited to see how it goes with the mileage coming from an Optima Plug-In Hybrid. Thanks to everyone in here I've been lurking the past week or so looking for tips and stuff to look out for when test driving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congratulations on getting a Niro, I just got mine last Monday - Kia Niro 2 (base model in UK) It's a pretty steep learning curve trying to understand all the settings etc. so I don't do that whilst driving. I am averaging over 68 mpg - but that is a British gallon which is 20% more than a US gallon. So that equates to about 57 miles per US gallon.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
That's an excellent result if a full tank (the guess-o-meter trip mileage is kind of meaningless). My best result on a full tank is usually 59 mpg US in the summer. I did have a 62 mpg tank (going 784 miles running on fumes), but at restricted speeds. Over two years of four season driving and 37,000 miles, 53 mpg overall. It could be better if I drove it more in the summer, but unless it is raining, I choose my even more efficient motorcycle most of the time (79 mpg).

·
Registered
2018 Kia Niro Hybrid EX w/ Premium Package
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations on getting a Niro, I just got mine last Monday - Kia Niro 2 (base model in UK) It's a pretty steep learning curve trying to understand all the settings etc. so I don't do that whilst driving. I am averaging over 68 mpg - but that is a British gallon which is 20% more than a US gallon. So that equates to about 57 miles per US gallon.
Thanks! that sounds amazing getting 57 mpg. hoping I can come close to it.

·
Super Moderator
541 Posts
I'm Canadian so we work in L and KM. I decided to fill my car up yesterday as the price of gas seems down from the ususal and as it's Canada Day on Wednsday, I figured the price will likely be going up for the latter part of the week.

My tank was as 1/4 full, so it seemed reasonable to fill it. I had 231km shown still remaining (143 miles). it took 29L to fill the tank as it wasn't completely empty. (7.7 us gal). Fuely worked it out that I got 4.3L/100km that works out to 54.7mpg. This is during Covid with virtually all the driving being short in-town trips. my best so far average fillup has been 4.0L/100km or 58.8mpg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts