Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving 60 miles every day - I got up to 7500 miles fairly quick - so went to dealer service for oil change and whatever they do - was 85 bucks - and that sounded ok .
We t in last week for the 15k warranty service abd they tried to sell me a bunch of things - but I just wanted whatever it is to keep the warranty blah blah
It was now 180.00 for the oil change abd I asked last time ( 5 months ago ) it was 85 for the same service - he quoted a memorized answer .
why can’t I go somewhere else like oil changers to do the oul change and make sure the fluids are where they should be . I have the list. I can keep track of the work .
Ideas?

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
700 Posts
Driving 60 miles every day - I got up to 7500 miles fairly quick - so went to dealer service for oil change and whatever they do - was 85 bucks - and that sounded ok .
We t in last week for the 15k warranty service abd they tried to sell me a bunch of things - but I just wanted whatever it is to keep the warranty blah blah
It was now 180.00 for the oil change abd I asked last time ( 5 months ago ) it was 85 for the same service - he quoted a memorized answer .
why can’t I go somewhere else like oil changers to do the oul change and make sure the fluids are where they should be . I have the list. I can keep track of the work .
Ideas?
You can go elsewhere for the maintenance, as long as the schedule is followed and all work is documented.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Just know what your car needs at whatever miles it's at and say I want an oil change period. Let them (the dealer) know what you want done. NEVER say I want 7.500 mi. service or something like that Say I want an oil change period or if you say want a air filter or something like that.

·
Administrator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,296 Posts
You can even do the service yourself (oil changes, tire rotation). Just document and save receipts for the parts/supplies purchased. My daughter's GTI (purchased used as a CPO) spun a rod bearing. Because I had the receipts for the oil and filters I bought, and could show the dates were consistent for proper oil change intervals, VW installed a brand new engine and turbo and I paid a $50 deductible. Records are critical, whether you do it yourself or have a 3rd party do the work.

·
Registered
2022 NIRO LXS
5 Posts
Ideas?
There is an extra service required at every second oil change on my NIRO LXS . Its called "clutch actuator fluid change" this is whats costing the extra $$.

·
Registered
890 Posts
There is an extra service required at every second oil change on my NIRO LXS . Its called "clutch actuator fluid change" this is whats costing the extra $$.
I bet they wouldn't do that anyway unless you specifically asked for it. Dealers that have these "packaged" service are all just pure profit and they rip off people that don't know what their car needs. Those dealers should not be patronized find another dealer or tell them exactly what you want done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts