Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday we were leaving the store and got back to the locked car (2019 Niro Touring) and my husband opens the trunk hatch and puts my purse in the trunk with the key FOB in it. The back seats are also folded down. He shuts the trunk and I realize my keys are in it and the car is still locked. We try to open the hatch again and it is also locked. None of the doors or hatch would recognize that the key was in the car… has this happened to anyone? Does the battery on my FOB need replaced? I swear the dealer told me they made it so that you couldn’t lock the keys in the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow, you push the button on the door handle and it doesn't open. That sucks. I have been very sloppy, leaving the keys on the seat, in the back everywhere

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
170 Posts
Interesting - I had to attempt myself.
My vehicle complained and unlocked the drivers door automatically. Everything worked as it should.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
There have been at least three other such incidents on the forums. Very hard to reproduce, but the other incidents also involved closing the rear hatch.

Personally, if that happens I am covered as I have the spare mechanical key hidden outside. Fob failure? I also have the spare fob inside the car wrapped in aluminum foil so the car doesn't register its presence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts