Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost one of my two keys for my 2017 Niro EX last year. I was at the dealer today getting some warranty work taken care of and inquired about a replacement fob & laser cut key. My quote
Keyless Entry Fob $178
Key Insert $25
Laser Cut of Key $75
Programing of Fob $100
Tax $30

Total $408

Any advice from someone who has found themselves in this predicament? I definitely need a 2nd key but $408 for a key & fob is a little too rich for my station in life. Are there any workarounds on the key with laser cutting or the remote lock/unlock fob? This is not a remote start vehicle. I am looking for a source for dealer parts that are not outrageously priced as my local dealer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's not bad. I was told by my selling dealer not to lose the key & fob, because they cost $500 to replace.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi there! It is a big deal to lose both keys and expensive too. There is a difference between the two kinds of them- with keyless entry and a simple one with remote control. The last one has part number 95430-G5100 and I've found it here - Genuine Kia Niro Remote Key (2016 + ) 95430-G5100. So if you know the part number of your key it would be much easier to find it for a cheaper price. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I bought a spare fob and key off of eBay shortly after buying my Niro. $85 shipped directly from Korea with OEM part number. Actually talked to dealer yesterday about it. $45 to cut key (the single key shop that has the equipment locally charges $75). $115 for programming. Still much better than $400 plus for the whole shebang from the dealer.

You can't have 3 active car fobs though, the car only stores two fob codes. So I have the fob in reserve, but as I stash a mechanical key on the car exterior for emergencies (and my second key fob inside the car wrapped in aluminum foil), these sometimes fall off - duct tape does fail after time. So I am going to cut my 3rd mechanical key for backup in case I lose one mechanical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts