Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's begin a new thread dealing with the latest app for smart phones. The Kia Access with UVO is the current recommended app for all Kia plug-in models.

As of today (July 5), the current version is 2.6.0 for both iOS and Android, which added some minor user interface improvements and fixed the "Find Nearest Station" display. Not very well rated (1.9) in the Apple app store, and only slightly better (2.3) in the Google Play Store.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The latest update has helped a lot. Refreshes are slightly quicker and I no longer have to manually close the app to log back in after it times out. Still wish it would refresh on opening the app and that refreshes pulled both location and the overview. A still faster refresh would be nice too.
While there are some features that might be nice, I would love to see them continue to focus on improving the existing features for a bit. I'm liking the progress on that front.

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, current version is now 3.0.1, but I'm not certain when it was last updated. I have noticed a slight performance improvement on my iPhone 6S, but still really takes a long time to refresh the car's data. However, I just bought a new iPhone XR to replace my damaged personal phone, and I noticed that on that phone the app is performing much faster. I don't know if it's just because it's a newer, more powerful phone, or if it's due to the monitoring software my employer (the US Gvmt) has running on my phone to monitor and maintain it. Since they are replacing my 6S with an XR in the next couple of weeks, I'll be able to compare the two and see how it works on identical hardware.

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there any difference between the UVO app and the webpage?
I haven't made a function comparison between the two, but they're pretty close. The advantage of the app of course is faster access than a browser, and pages that are formatted for a phone screen, rather than a PC monitor. Using the app on my new iPhone Xr is night and day different (better) than on my 6S. Fortunately my employer is replacing my 6S with an Xr when I return from vacation. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
One thing I've noticed with the webpage recently is that when I log in it seems to update automatically and gives me the current accurate charge status and location without having to refresh. Maybe the comments made here have been heard and the page is automatically refreshing with the login?

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One thing I've noticed with the webpage recently is that when I log in it seems to update automatically and gives me the current accurate charge status and location without having to refresh. Maybe the comments made here have been heard and the page is automatically refreshing with the login?
The latest version of the app now does the same. It does appear that Kia listens. How about that? :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
They do seem to be pretty receptive - contact the uvo support if you have any suggestions. I emailed them about this auto refresh two months or so ago and they not only replied that the team will consider it but called me and left a voicemail to see if I have any other suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I noticed this morning a new version of the app on my phone (3.1.0). They've cleaned up the dashboard a bit, and it loads fresh data when you start the app.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I noticed this morning a new version of the app on my phone (3.1.0). They've cleaned up the dashboard a bit, and it loads fresh data when you start the app.
I noticed that last night. In my case the data is fresher but still not completely current. I just fired it up at 7:25 and the last update time was 7:08. Better than before where it was often as much as 12 hours behind, but still not quite real time, at least not for me. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm on WiFi or cellular.

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I noticed that last night. In my case the data is fresher but still not completely current. I just fired it up at 7:25 and the last update time was 7:08. Better than before where it was often as much as 12 hours behind, but still not quite real time, at least not for me. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm on WiFi or cellular.
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Far better than it was, but still not 100% current. It also appears to refresh faster when you hit the button, so it's overall quite an improvement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts