Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried replacing the American KIA emblems with the 3D K logo? If so which did you use. I notice those on Amazon are listed by models that don't yet include Niro. (I'm hoping on getting an EX sometime in the next week or so) -Ned

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The "3D K" logo is used by KIA on their South Korean cars. The KIA letter logo is just for exports-- but in my view a much less sophisticated logo. A number of after market options exist for replacing your logo on trunk, hood, steering wheel, etc. An image is attached. -Ned

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
It would be great if the emblem didn't have that background, much like what we see from other car makers. Since i'm a Mazda fan, here's an example from Mazda:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Amazon:
logo-optima-emblem-cool-trade

Youtube:
How to Install the 3.0 K logo emblems

I reaaaaallllly like the K logos. :)
My dealer said that Kia is going to make another brand, and the K900 and Cadenza (and probably Stinger) will be in that lineup. Just like Genesis Car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
A few years ago I bought a Hyundai Accent for a beater car, and someone remarked it looked like some mini-Mercedes that were sold only in Europe- mostly Eastern Europe. So I bought an E-bay Mercedes steering wheel emblem which was the same size as the Hyundai hood ornament. I used strong dentalfloss like a saw to remove it, and double sided 3M tape to apply the Mercedes emblem. It looked great, stayed on no problems. I got a few good laughs and looks, and some even thought it was a Mercedes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone tried replacing the American KIA emblems with the 3D K logo? If so which did you use. I notice those on Amazon are listed by models that don't yet include Niro. (I'm hoping on getting an EX sometime in the next week or so) -Ned
I'm changing mine not bothered about the steering wheel logo but I dont particularly like those huge Tonka Truck KIA LOGOS.
P.S love the car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Are You In LOVE With KIA's New Logo...? Seen This At The Dealer... SAD,SAD,SAD... When People See It, They Are Going To Say... "WHO DONE IT" ~ "WHO MADE IT"... Looks In REAL LIFE, Like Somebody HUNG A "SCAB" On That Car, From 1ft to 20ft...!!!...:eek: WORST EMBLEM Of The Whole Car Industry...!!! I LIKE The KIA Name LOGO... Because I'm not Ashamed To Be Driving A Car That Is The Best In Class Car, Winning Awards...
Note: The KIA Team That Came Up With That Piece Of CRAP Should Be Fired...!!!
Note: My KIA LOGO BADGE Is More Expensive To Make, Classier, And Better Looking, Than That Pasted On "SCAB" On The PIC Below...
Looks CHEESE, And CHEAP Don't It...
Note: I Bet You Want To Change To The New KIA Logo Emblems For Your Car...ha...ha...ha

·
Registered
11 Posts
To appreciate a vehicle means making it your own. You sound like an educated man I'd say you were about 6 years old and still shitting your pants. If a man or woman wishes to personalize there vehicle who the FCUK are you to mean bitch scratch about it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
KIA KOREA BADGES.
I PREFER THEM BECAUSE EVERY 3rd OR 4th CAR YOU PASS HAS KIA ON IT USE THESE BADGES TO MAKE IT YOUR OWN.

K

·
Registered
105 Posts
Look Closely at this Lexus Emblem, and will see the Sleazy Rip of the Lexus design.. Just move up that right side, and you Have KIA Badge...So Sad... Like I said The KIA Design Team should Be Fired,,, For Lack for Imagination...
Note: Them KOREA Badges are a UGLY Rip-OFF... "WHO DONE IT" ~ "WHO MADE IT". Just makes the CAR a Question Mark...!!!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Look Closely at this Lexus Emblem, and will see the Sleazy Rip of the Lexus design.
Pretty sure the K5 logo predates the Lexus brand. You should have a similar issue with the Mazda logo too.

Hate, hate the new Kia logo. That said, if it would fit my car, I would have probably used it instead of replacing the Ford like Kia logo with the K5. I like adding a bit of mystery to the fairly uncommon Niro. I did leave the Niro name on the rear just so the curious could Google it. I did remove the hybrid badge - would have been OK with a low key hybrid announcement on the back except I found it excruciatingly ugly as designed: "ECO hybrid" in a raised plastic bit - seriously?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Love the new logo. The old logo is three letters. The new logo is a design, an emblem that can also be read as three letters. I find the way they connected the letters and repeated elements within the design quite elegant. If you don’t like it, fine. To each his own - I won’t be cutting you down here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts