Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anyone has the Navigation but doesn’t show real time traffic data? My Niro had it at first, but then lost it. I am still within the three month trial period for Sirius XM radio, and I was able to verify with Sirius customer support that my radio is working and can get station data.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't think that Sirius XM has anything to do with navigation. I know it's a slog to go to the manual but there probablyis a setting to show traffic or not.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sirius XM has everything to do with the traffic data!! I used the traffic info here in Los Angeles and it works quite well! When my trial ended I called Sirius XM up and found out that I could get the traffic data only for $65 a year, and I did not need the music etc side of things! It really works quite well for me, and I would recommend that others try it if local traffic data is available for your area!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out you need to pay for the real-time traffic data as it is not included in the free Sirius XM three month trial. I called Sirius again and found this out. They did offer a special trial of $6.99 for the first three months.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sirius XM has everything to do with the traffic data!! I used the traffic info here in Los Angeles and it works quite well! When my trial ended I called Sirius XM up and found out that I could get the traffic data only for $65 a year, and I did not need the music etc side of things! It really works quite well for me, and I would recommend that others try it if local traffic data is available for your area!!
Will it actually re-route you around traffic delays the way Waze does? Or does it wait for the user to prompt it for an alternate route? I'm thinking that since the car is also supposed to use the nav system's topographical data for coasting/charging planning, $65 a year might be worth it to use the built-in nav.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I reroute myself around traffic, the nav system is quite good, and unlike waze, I won't route myself into small neighborhoods and other places that become more of a backup than the original traffic problem!
I tend to think ahead, and rarely get too delayed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Problem to activate siriusXM traffic on my Niro infosystem

Just wanted to see if anyone has the Navigation but doesn’t show real time traffic data? My Niro had it at first, but then lost it. I am still within the three month trial period for Sirius XM radio, and I was able to verify with Sirius customer support that my radio is working and can get station data.
Hi Ruzzell,

Did you find a solution for you question? I live in Canada and Yesterday I bought the siriusXM Live Trafffic, but I can see nothing new on my GPS screen. After few hours with SiriusXM agents, they told me that I need to activate the "traffic mode" on my system. Do you anything about this?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
589 Posts
Hi Ruzzell,

Did you find a solution for you question? I live in Canada and Yesterday I bought the siriusXM Live Trafffic, but I can see nothing new on my GPS screen. After few hours with SiriusXM agents, they told me that I need to activate the "traffic mode" on my system. Do you anything about this?

Thanks,
You need to go into the GPS settings, and you will find the live traffic option. please refer to your technology user manual since i do not have any pictures to show you. :|

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to go into the GPS settings, and you will find the live traffic option. please refer to your technology user manual since i do not have any pictures to show you. :|
The problem is there. Yesterday, I tried do find this settings for many hours and nothing. I have no TRAFFIC on my GPS settings and in any other menu. For this reason, I post this question here.:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't have a sirius subscription and show traffic on my map. Every once in a while a notice pops up that I need to subscribe, but I just close it out and use the regular navigation. I happen to have the manual open on my computer. On the Menu, choose Navigation settings. Then Traffic/Guadance. There is a choice for auto select, HD traffic, and SXM traffic. The HD traffic should work in metro areas (that's where I am). If you're in a smaller area, you might need to subscribe to SMX to get it. Or use Andriod Auto/Apple Car Play to access your phones map system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't have a sirius subscription and show traffic on my map. Every once in a while a notice pops up that I need to subscribe, but I just close it out and use the regular navigation. I happen to have the manual open on my computer. On the Menu, choose Navigation settings. Then Traffic/Guadance. There is a choice for auto select, HD traffic, and SXM traffic. The HD traffic should work in metro areas (that's where I am). If you're in a smaller area, you might need to subscribe to SMX to get it. Or use Andriod Auto/Apple Car Play to access your phones map system.
Hi Beth, I don't have this menu in my Niro. It's really bizarre.
I don't know, maybe we are talking t different versions of Kia Niro. My Niro is a 2018 Hybrid Touring. I added some pictures from setup navigation manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is different. Mine has Traffic/Guidance instead of just Guidance on that menu. I thought the Touring and the EX Premium that I have had similar features.

·
Super Moderator
589 Posts
This is what should have with the GPS on the top Trim level.

US Model:

- Touring (HEV)
- Ex Premium (PHEV)
- Ex Premium (EV)

Canadian Model:
- SX Touring (HEV)
- SX (PHEV)
- SX Touring (EV)

follow the pictures to get the settings for traffic in the GPS

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts

US Model:

- Touring (HEV)
- Ex Premium (PHEV)
- Ex Premium (EV)

Canadian Model:
- SX Touring (HEV)
- SX (PHEV)
- SX Touring (EV)

Hi lafe005,

Thanks for your screen photos. I live in Quebec city and I'm going to Kia dealer to talk about this issue. It's really strange, the same car model with different GPS fonctions. I will post updates here.

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
589 Posts
Thanks for your screen photos. I live in Quebec city and I'm going to Kia dealer to talk about this issue. It's really strange, the same car model with different GPS fonctions.
No problem! :) BUT, i have tought of this this morning. Since you have a 2018 SX Touring and mine is a PHEV SX with UVO system, it could change alot of things in the KIA GPS system between our 2 cars!.. let us know what the dealer says!

Salut! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update 1

US Model:

- Touring (HEV)
- Ex Premium (PHEV)
- Ex Premium (EV)

Canadian Model:
- SX Touring (HEV)
- SX (PHEV)
- SX Touring (EV)

No problem! :) BUT, i have tought of this this morning. Since you have a 2018 SX Touring and mine is a PHEV SX with UVO system, it could change alot of things in the KIA GPS system between our 2 cars!.. let us know what the dealer says!

Salut! :)
I called Kia Canada and they told me that option traffic/guidance was not available in Canada for any Kia model. Accord to them, this information come from kia engineers. I told that I have photos with this option available and they ask me to send to them. I suppose to have an answer in 24h.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts