Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
So: I have a Kia Niro from 2017 with a lead acid battery.. no 12v battery reset button. I have power, but on the dash there's one stripe battery.
When I read all the fault codes I see: CAN Time-Out on many things. Is there someone that knows how to fix it? I have tried many things but nothing seems to help.
The dash display is your hybrid HV battery, not the 12v battery. If it's that low, that sounds like an issue with the HV battery. That might still be under warranty, depending on the car's mileage.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Are you able to drive your car now? Canbus errors are probably happening because you have some major issues. They also arrive from things as simple as changing light bulbs with a bulb that is not Canbus compatible. Canbus is a major communication system or protocol between components.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Are you able to drive your car now? Canbus errors are probably happening because you have some major issues. They also arrive from things as simple as changing light bulbs with a bulb that is not Canbus compatible. Canbus is a major communication system or protocol between components.
I am not able to start the car.
On the dash the HV battery is 4 stripes on the dash.
When I read the car out with OBD I see many CAN Time-Outs.
I have a lead acid battery, so no 12v battery reset button.

I went to the dealer but there's no warranty and they didn't know what the problem(s) is/are.
And when I try to start the car I see a "Hybrid fault" message.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I think you should at least pay the dealer to look at it and get an estimate on repairs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I've tried to start the car many many times.. finally it happened. The batterylevel on the dash is 1 stripe, so very low. The car still gives Hybrid fault (HEV).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Juli 27th 17:01 CET:

I've started the car, 20 minutes later the coolant leaked out very very hot.
I think the cooling fin is not working, because we've filled the airco and it didn't work. Maybe short circuit.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts