Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite sure why this person is flooring it and then hard braking but it does give you a good idea on how fast the Niro can accelerate and hard brake to a stop.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it takes around 4 seconds to get from just over 100 km/h to a dead stop. Seems like a long time to stop in an emergency situation but then again you are supposed to keep a 3 second distance between you and the car in front of you. The Niro may not be stopping fast enough to avoid someone hard braking in front of you but it could reduce the chances of injury with its stopping power.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is it just me or did the Niro take around 10-11 seconds to get up to 100 km/h? That seems a bit slow to me especially since it's a hybrid.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has an estimated 0-60 acceleration time of 10 seconds so if the video is accurate, that means the Niro can go from 0-60 in around 5.5 seconds. That's not too bad.

·
Registered
289 Posts
When it comes to an SUV like this, all that really matters is that it can get up to speed at a good momentum in line with the flow of traffic and better and that overtaking other vehicles when required is easy enough.

You guys can always look into the Mazda CX-3 if the Niro isn't fast enough.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's pretty much about it, this isn't a vehicle I'm buying to be the next road warrior, or to take out for spirited drives. Just a commuter vehicle is all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts