Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I had accident and then my car engine light is on. Car doing issues check air flap active sistym. I went dealer but they told me this issue will take more time because after accident impact bar is broken and air flap can’t opening closing. Need checking everything an maybe this will be more expensive. I can’t now report my insurance about that. What do you thinking air flap issues big problem or no? It can effect my engine?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello. I had accident and then my car engine light is on. Car doing issues check air flap active sistym. I went dealer but they told me this issue will take more time because after accident impact bar is broken and air flap can’t opening closing. Need checking everything an maybe this will be more expensive. I can’t now report my insurance about that. What do you thinking air flap issues big problem or no? It can effect my engine?
If you want your car to work properly it needs fixed. Otherwise if it doesn’t overheat give it a shot.
Probably not the best thing to do. Insurance should pay to fix it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If the air flap is stuck closed the AC may not work well and the motor could overheat. If it's stuck open it's likely ok to drive for now although freeway gas mileage may be a little lower. It should be fixed or it will cause more problems.

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
808 Posts
I would repair it whether insurance pays or you have to pay.
You can easily check to see if the flaps are open or closed but certainly if it is staying closed, that will cause issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bite the bullet and get it repaired by the dealership. Everything in the Niro is interconnected and must work together for the car to properly function.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts