Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The interior lights of my 2018 Kia Niro flicker, the dome light and the rear light near the hatchback. Any ideas how to trouble shoot and solve this issue?

·
Registered
141 Posts
There's a better than average chance it's your 12V battery at the end of it's useful life. Warranty is 3 years. It dies shortly thereafter. It happened to me. When it happens, you are stranded and need a jump start to get your PHEV started again. Best to replace your 12V battery without delay.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The interior lights of my 2018 Kia Niro flicker, the dome light and the rear light near the hatchback. Any ideas how to trouble shoot and solve this issue?
I haven't had this problem. It might just be a bad lightbulb. You can probably pry off the cover for the dome light, pull out the lightbulb, find a number on it, and find an auto parts store than can sell you a matching bulb. That would be my first approach.

Any one of the lights on the same circuit, if the bulb is defective, could cause all of them to flicker. So if replacing the dome light doesn't work, it might be one of the rear cabin lights that is causing the problem.

You should try to determine if the lights flicker only when the doors are closed, or also when they are open. If it only happens when the doors are open, it might be caused by a door switch.

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
225 Posts
If this problem occurred 20 years ago, the standard train of thought would point to alternator/voltage regulator issue.
But with LED lighting and especially the Niro hybrid technology, there is almost zero chance that is the problem.
I would play around with any switches that turn the light on and off, including the door switch and see if you can develop a pattern

1 - 6 of 6 Posts