Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since owning our Kia Niro EX we purchased in July of 2018, we have had numerous issues with it. Our engine was replaced three month after purchase, wiring issues, now overheating and an exhaust issue. I am a member of this forum, have been for several months now.
After all of my frustration with this vehicle and complaints to their corporate office, I filed a complaint with the NHTSA. I explained in detail all of the issues we have encountered and included the link to the forum so they will have proof of the issues fellow owners have experienced as well.
It is beyond time to make some noise over this vehicle, I am fed up. I imagine each of you are as well. The reason for my post, is to hopefully draw attention to the countless issues with this vehicle. I have included the link to the NHTSA for you to file a complaint with them in hopes of bringing all of the issues with this vehicle we have experienced. Maybe, something will be done. It is a long shot, but what other option do we have?
Here is the link to their site so you can register your complaints as well.https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem

·
Registered
698 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my 2018 either aside from a cracked A/C high pressure line that was fixed under the warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our 2018 Niro PHEV has been reliable and we like it. Our only issue has been a problem with the uvo, which required replacing the head unit.

FWIW, however, Consumer Reports rates 2018 Niros as having a number of trouble spots, including engine, fuel system, suspension, and in-car electronics. The 2019 Niro has thus far only single trouble spot noted: the drive system. Overall predicted reliability is 3 out of 5 and customer satisfaction is mediocre. CR ratings do not specifically include the PHEV, and the EV ratings are different yet again. The 2019 EV is rated to have major problems with "the motor".

As you probably know, CR rating are based on feedback from CR subscribers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts