Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my new Kia Niro LXS and its fancy features!! Just bought new one 4 months ago and air flap check is popping up! For new car, I didn’t expect anything to warn me this early and I’m disappointed!
Recently moved to Seattle area and my dealership is far away and nearby dealers say they will charge me for diagnostic checks!😳😳
What would you do?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Call Kia and refer to the many reports of this same issue here. Then they can perhaps preapprove nearby dealers. You could also try calling your original dealership for guidance. They have a better line to Kia than you do.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome to Seattle. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties so soon. Yticolev suggestion is a good one.
The air flap issue seems somewhat common in the latest Niro model year only. Either Kia made an engineering change or their supplier has messed up. Either way this is Kia's problem, not the new car owner's problem. Your Kia warranty entitles you to equal treatment at any Kia dealer in the USA. That isn't to say that all Kia shops are equally competent.

I have had my Niro to Chuck Olsen Kia in N Seattle several times for warranty issues and once for an oil change. I've the impression that their shop is fair and competent. Lee Johnson Kia in Kirkland WA has sold lots of Niros as has performance Kia in Everett. I imagine they would have competent Niro techs as well.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,273 Posts
Any vehicle under warranty should not require a diagnostic fee for a warning displayed on the dash. I say try a different dealer. Don't know where you are in the area, but Sunset Kia in Auburn has treated me well for my scheduled services.

·
Super Moderator
555 Posts
Any vehicle under warranty should not require a diagnostic fee for a warning displayed on the dash. I say try a different dealer. Don't know where you are in the area, but Sunset Kia in Auburn has treated me well for my scheduled services.
I was thinking the same thing. I live in Canada so I was wondering if service in the USA was different than here. A warranty is a warranty, and should be good across the whole country would it not?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts