Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you own a Kia Niro, not just the EV version, but any version, then you will probably be interested in this video. Are you fed up of the backup camera being unusable when dirty, wet, or snow covered? This little device solves the problem.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Touring HEV
111 Posts
Great review, and great looking product. I've already ordered mine. $29 plus $5 shipping to the U.S.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great review, and great looking product. I've already ordered mine. $29 plus $5 shipping to the U.S.
Thank you very much! I really like the product and would not go back to not having it. I can just imagine how useful it will be when there is snow. Last winter the camera became useless many many times and I had to clean it often.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I ordered one as well.
My pleasure. I reached out the the creator, Eldar, to make sure he can handle the order volume. You may need to be patient because lots of my viewers said they ordered one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Love your videos! Don't need one for the region I live in (seldom get rain hard enough to run the back wiper) but I can see how it would be really useful in other regions.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love your videos! Don't need one for the region I live in (seldom get rain hard enough to run the back wiper) but I can see how it would be really useful in other regions.
Thank you very much! As for the Camwipe, in the winter it will be a huge benefit for me because the camera is always covered in snow and is useless. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I haven't experienced snow on the camera, but a wiper for the front of the radar would be useful. A bit of snow on it (wet snow seems worst) and AEB goes out, but more importantly to me, cruise control stops working.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you very much! I really like the product and would not go back to not having it. I can just imagine how useful it will be when there is snow. Last winter the camera became useless many many times and I had to clean it often.
I just saw your post and then watched the video looks great . We already ordered it here in Manitoba we get five months of winter so it should be great ,on a related note yesterday i was driving some gravel roads and when i stopped i could see next to nothing out of back up camera . So thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Am I the only person in the world that has never used a rear window wiper? Not on any vehicle I have ever owned in 45 years of driving.

·
Super Moderator
1,218 Posts
Am I the only person in the world that has never used a rear window wiper? Not on any vehicle I have ever owned in 45 years of driving.
Yeah, you're pretty much alone... :ROFLMAO:

I really miss it when I'm in something without one. Of course, I live in the Seattle area, and we do see a touch of wet roadways here. Rained pretty well early this morning, as a matter of fact. My weather station reports it started about 4 AM, then off and on until about 11AM. Total of 0.12", which is plenty to require the wipers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't experienced snow on the camera, but a wiper for the front of the radar would be useful. A bit of snow on it (wet snow seems worst) and AEB goes out, but more importantly to me, cruise control stops working.
Kia should have added a heating element to the inside of the plastic case for the RADAR. I don't get why they didn't since it would have been cheap to do.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just saw your post and then watched the video looks great . We already ordered it here in Manitoba we get five months of winter so it should be great ,on a related note yesterday i was driving some gravel roads and when i stopped i could see next to nothing out of back up camera . So thanks for the heads up.
My pleasure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Every hatchback I have owned has seen rear wiper use because the rear window gets covered in dirt. If you don't mind not seeing out of the rear view mirror then I can see why you would not use the rear wiper.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
The Niro's back window gets wet & dirty very quickly (one of the faults of its aerodynamics, I suppose). If I want to actually see out of it, I'll use the wiper. ;-)
Every hatchback with a vertical hatch has a dirty window. However, the Niro is particularly bad. My PT never got as dirty. Cars with very steeply sloped hatches such as older Insights, Prii, Ioniq, and my 1977 B210 Plus hatch don't really need rear wipers at all. In fact had I a bought a Prius instead of the Niro, I was planning on removing it (the highest mpg model actually comes without a wiper, but the rest have one) for better aero.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Am I the only person in the world that has never used a rear window wiper?
Add me to the never use it. I don't even know how to turn it on. But in sunny CA we don't get much rain and I don't see any reason to use it dry. If they had washer fluid with it, I'd use it all the time.

·
Super Moderator
1,218 Posts
Add me to the never use it. I don't even know how to turn it on. But in sunny CA we don't get much rain and I don't see any reason to use it dry. If they had washer fluid with it, I'd use it all the time.
They do have a rear washer. Just twist the knob past where the wiper turns on. It's spring loaded, so just let go when you're done spraying.

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
If you own a Kia Niro, not just the EV version, but any version, then you will probably be interested in this video. Are you fed up of the backup camera being unusable when dirty, wet, or snow covered? This little device solves the problem.
Nice Video mate, good thing you found out of this product in my FB group! it's now travelling all across the world! (y)

Reactions: EV-olution
1 - 20 of 47 Posts