Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone knows why the cargo has a max load limit of 130lbs. I saw this in the Car Gurus video review on You Tube. He said he had never see that before and has sent an inquiry to Kia, but has not heard back yet. My wife and I are looking for a new car and the Niro has a lot of features we are looking for, but the cargo limit could be a problem. It seems pretty low for the amount of space that is there especially with the seats folded down. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this is the max load for the floor, there is more space under it, so if you remove it you can put a lot more in, otherwise a single Costco trip will be the end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that makes sense only being the floor of the back cargo area. Yes I was exactly thinking of a Costco run. Especially when we get 4 bags of salt for the water softener. That is 160lbs right there not counting everything else we buy. Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The 130 lb. limit is just for the little lift up hatch above the spare tire/storage area. The warning is printed in larger letters on the extra rear cargo mat. For the regular carpeted mat, the printing is small, black and embossed in platic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts