Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Niro PHEV and tucked in the case for the charger was a black leather braided lanyard about 7" long with a small jewellery clasp at the end. Does anyone have any idea what it might be for? I don't think it's meant for a key (why would it be in the charger case?), but I can't think of anything else.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
I recently bought a Niro PHEV and tucked in the case for the charger was a black leather braided lanyard about 7" long with a small jewellery clasp at the end. Does anyone have any idea what it might be for? I don't think it's meant for a key (why would it be in the charger case?), but I can't think of anything else.
HI, do you have a picture ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New. I can picture some joker at the factory or dealership throwing this in and thinking "Let's see what he makes of this!".

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had one of those too. I surmised that it might be useful if you want to suspect the charger plug in your garage when not in use. I've been thinking about putting in a retractor on the ceiling for mine, and it might come in handy for that, if I could find the right kind of retractor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have one in my 2019 PHEV charging case. No clue what it's for, it doesn't seem to hook on anyplace on the "box" or the connector.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I also have one in my 2019 PHEV charging case. No clue what it's for, it doesn't seem to hook on anyplace on the "box" or the connector.
Maybe its for walking your dog while waiting for the car at a public chargerbb>:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also found this puzzling...
There is a small loop on the top rear of the level 1 charger box to which the lanyard attaches. I believe the lanyard is for suspending the charger box (like on a hook in the wall above the outlet) to avoid it pulling out the plug while charging.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts