Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Niro PHEV and tucked in the case for the charger was a black leather braided lanyard about 7" long with a small jewellery clasp at the end. Does anyone have any idea what it might be for? I don't think it's meant for a key (why would it be in the charger case?), but I can't think of anything else.

·
Super Moderator
521 Posts
I recently bought a Niro PHEV and tucked in the case for the charger was a black leather braided lanyard about 7" long with a small jewellery clasp at the end. Does anyone have any idea what it might be for? I don't think it's meant for a key (why would it be in the charger case?), but I can't think of anything else.
HI, do you have a picture ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New. I can picture some joker at the factory or dealership throwing this in and thinking "Let's see what he makes of this!".

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had one of those too. I surmised that it might be useful if you want to suspect the charger plug in your garage when not in use. I've been thinking about putting in a retractor on the ceiling for mine, and it might come in handy for that, if I could find the right kind of retractor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have one in my 2019 PHEV charging case. No clue what it's for, it doesn't seem to hook on anyplace on the "box" or the connector.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also found this puzzling...
There is a small loop on the top rear of the level 1 charger box to which the lanyard attaches. I believe the lanyard is for suspending the charger box (like on a hook in the wall above the outlet) to avoid it pulling out the plug while charging.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts