Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between KIA's Dealerships and their "escalated" customer service, I'd recommend purchasing another brand of vehicle.
Between lies from the selling service department, damage caused by the servicing dealership which after several attempts only got worse the more they tried, manufacture defects, mechanical reliability issues, and lack of doing the right thing by both the selling dealership and Kia...I am done.
Both Kia and the dealership play dumb when it comes to the Lemon Law and are going to make it difficult to hold them to it.
#NEVERAGAINPOWERKIA

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems. I was thinking this would be about how the Niro was the last Kia you would buy because it would last so long...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last KIA I will ever buy

I love the vehicle, not the problems I've had with it. Concerned about longevity/reliability. Hate the way that I've been treated by Kia and the selling dealership and the unfortunate events at the servicing dealership.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the Battery Management System module replaced (in service 4 days).
Clear coat severely scratch by servicing dealer.(After 4 attempts, still have buffer swirl marks all over the cars clear coat)
Hybrid battery system and harness replaced.
4 new fuel injectors, replaced seals on engine cylinder.(34 days in for service).
All this within 10,000 miles.
Engine lights were on during test drive. Notified the dealer. Was told it was an environmental sensor due to the gas cap not being on correctly. Lights came back on 30 miles after ink was dry on the lease.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've tried to use the Lemon Law with both Kia and the dealer. Amazingly enough, both entities are oblivious to what the law states. Therefore I will have to get a lawyer involved to get them to comply.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Received a call from Kia Escalated Customer Service. They had two offers for me. I could choose either one but not both. A replacement or keep what I have and they would offer me some money off my lease.
Like I have posted previously, I love the car, not the problems.
I'm choosing the car, as long as I can get one in a color I like.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It has been nothing but stress since the day I bought it. I will feel so relieved once all is done. Looking forward to being a Happy Niro owner.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wondering if any dealerships have a 2018 Deep Cerulean EX. I've checked all of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and even Las Vegas Area, and Houston. Platinum Graphite abounds, however, it does not get the same MPG due to the larger wheels. Should I spring the extra for Platinum Graphite?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have always been happy with the car. The design, the features, and the color.... not the service, the dealerships, and the reliability problems associated with it. KIA as a manufacturer is stepping up and doing the right thing, which tells me more about the manufacturer than the dealerships.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For whatever it's worth, we had an embarrassment of riches in terms of Niro EXs in southern california (orange county). There were so many available that when I went to go buy one I had 9 different dealers to choose from within a 50 mi radius, and ALL of them had a minimum of one EX Premium in the color I wanted. And multiple EXs in other trim levels (tech package, etc) Just in the three different dealers I went to I saw at least 5 different cerulean blue ones.

You can check out the dealer sites to look at their inventory, and then if you can't make it down here yourself you should be able get them to do a dealer trade and ship one up to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For whatever it's worth, we had an embarrassment of riches in terms of Niro EXs in southern california (orange county). There were so many available that when I went to go buy one I had 9 different dealers to choose from within a 50 mi radius, and ALL of them had a minimum of one EX Premium in the color I wanted. And multiple EXs in other trim levels (tech package, etc) Just in the three different dealers I went to I saw at least 5 different cerulean blue ones.

You can check out the dealer sites to look at their inventory, and then if you can't make it down here yourself you should be able get them to do a dealer trade and ship one up to you.
This is true. I’m also in Orange County. I was shopping for a Graphite Touring edition and three dealerships told me that they were very hard to find. One even told me that there were only two in all of California.

I also used the main Kia website inventory to research. I saw 3 in person, and there were at least 25 listed on the site, and that was just within 40 miles of me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I still am waiting for a replacement vehicle. In the mean time, I had another issue pop up. On the driver side rear door, the door handle came off. I wasn't rough with it, just casually went to open the door and snap. All I could do was laugh at my bad luck.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts