Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know the length from the passenger seat (pushed all the way up), to the back of the trunk. I want to know if I can car camp in it with the hybrid climate control.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
70 inches. So sleeping is certainly possible, I do it all the time. I do sleep on my side though.

Hybrid climate control? Dangerous to sleep with car running.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
You will fit on your side. You can also put a foot down the seat well and another between the seats. The passenger seat can angle a little forward which may help too.

I can live with the car as is (well, I've already modified it: removed the rear seats and installed a level floor), but if it turns out to be possible, I want to modify the front passenger seat to fold flat. This worked very well in my PT Cruiser (folded stock), and I was able to arrange a level surface for my mattress. Long enough for a seven plus footer! (I'm normal height).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was hoping there was some sort of hidden lever to flip the front passenger seat all the way forward to utilize as much front space as possible. My old Toyota Matrix used to do that. It was great. It even had a "tray", if you will, built into it when horizontal.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You will fit on your side. You can also put a foot down the seat well and another between the seats. The passenger seat can angle a little forward which may help too.

I can live with the car as is (well, I've already modified it: removed the rear seats and installed a level floor), but if it turns out to be possible, I want to modify the front passenger seat to fold flat. This worked very well in my PT Cruiser (folded stock), and I was able to arrange a level surface for my mattress. Long enough for a seven plus footer! (I'm normal height).
My old Dodge Caliber had the passenger fold flat seat too. I loved that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts