Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen other posts saying that chargers are showing a fault. However, my charger screen isn't showing anything at all. I bought my 2019 PHEV Niro on Saturday. I charged it twice, but now the charger is not working. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
443 Posts
have you verified there's power at the outlet?

You might have tripped a circuit breaker. Anything else on that circuit?

How old is your home?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the outlet - ran a vacuum cleaner on it. I tried the plug in several outlets. My electrical system was recently upgraded.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I checked the outlet - ran a vacuum cleaner on it. I tried the plug in several outlets. My electrical system was recently upgraded.
sounds like a defective l1 evse. Go to the dealer and try another

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Most times, it is the circuit. Try another one. Also try reducing the amperage setting on the plug, sometimes a lower setting will work on the same circuit. Use an extension cord if there is not another nearby plug, but it really needs to be a completely different circuit. Try a plug somewhere away from your home too. All that fails, it could be the evse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The EVSE needs a 12 Volt feed back from the car in order to trigger the relay that sends 120 / 220 Volt power to the charger. If your 12 volt battery (needed for the headlights, wipers, radio etc) is dead then nothing will happen on the EVSE. It is wired this way to prevent 120/220 from going to the plug before it is actually plugged into the car and
pretty much assures that you won't get a shock from a wet, snowy or salt slush plug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts