Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 2021 Niro EV (EX), the rear view mirror has 3 buttons: one with a picture of a tow truck, one with a roadway and star, and a (red) one with an old telephone icon. At night all three buttons are lit, which I find quite distracting. Questions:
1. Am I correct in assuming that if I do NOT subscribe to UVO, these buttons do absolutely nothing?
2. Does anyone know of a way to turn off the button lights? (If not, I'll put black tape over them.)

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,938 Posts
In my 2021 Niro EV (EX), the rear view mirror has 3 buttons: one with a picture of a tow truck, one with a roadway and star, and a (red) one with an old telephone icon. At night all three buttons are lit, which I find quite distracting. Questions:
1. Am I correct in assuming that if I do NOT subscribe to UVO, these buttons do absolutely nothing?
2. Does anyone know of a way to turn off the button lights? (If not, I'll put black tape over them.)
1. They will likely still connect to the UVO control center, but without a subscription they probably won't offer you any service.
2. None that I know of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts