Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

New here, purchased a 2018 Kia Niro LX on July 4th, 2018 and have less than 6K miles on it (I live far from work). I wanted to let everyone know that there are some technical service bulletins that are updating the battery management system. This is resulting in much lower gas mileage. I've attached the one that my vehicle received and I went from averaging 52-60 mpg on the highway to 40-42 mpg and city is 45 mpg. I currently have a case open with Kia Motors in regards to this since I am getting worse gas mileage than the touring edition.

I just wanted to give everyone the heads up that you aren't crazy! Kia Motors is stating that they also may reimburse me for such a huge difference in gas consumption. The dealership has already looked at it and found nothing wrong mechanically with the car and Kia Motors is requesting I take it back for further inspection.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqhbalbwzv0zkac/BMS.pdf?dl=0

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry to hear what happened to you.

Many of us have gotten that update, myself included, and haven’t seen any significant problems. My mileage is still averaging a bit over 50 lately on my 2017 LX.

Hope they can figure something out for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts