Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving to work today and going about 60 mph on the highway, all of a sudden the car started slowing down and the hybrid needle was all the way in the power section. The meter would go all the way up but the car was barely accelerating. I pulled into the gas station turned it off, got a coffee, when I started it up again it was back to normal. Up till today it was working perfectly. Im at 1600 miles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmmm... That's weird. I want to say that something is wrong why the electricity supply, but the hybrid needle was in the power section... Did you notice any other weird signs?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok over 8000 miles on the car now and this happened again today. It was like the car was stuck in first gear. If I stepped harder on the gas the car would rev but barely move. Also I was able to shift from drive to neutral but not from eco to sport. I limped to the side of the road turned off the car, restarted it and it was fine. The other thing I noticed before I turned the car off it said I had over 500 miles left to go when I turned it back on it reset to 450 miles. This is only twice in 8000 miles and Im pretty sure the dealer wouldn’t be able to duplicate it. Any Ideas whats going on?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first time it happened I did and nothing showed up. I can’t now because I have an insurance smart drive plugged in and it won’t let me do a Diagnostic. If I remove it early I lose my discount.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was able to do a diagnostic, no critical issues found. I know it must be electronic or a computer issue because it fixed itself when I restarted the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today something a little different happened. I first started the car and pulled out of the driveway as I was accelerating the car was changing gears very rough basically the car was bucking forward a few times. I’ve been driving the car for over 6 months so I know how it shifts and feels and this was different. It did smooth out and fix itself after a few minutes. Im going to make an appointment with the dealer but I’m afraid they won’t be able to duplicate it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
UGh..that's frustrating...and a little alarming. What year and trim?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today something a little different happened. I first started the car and pulled out of the driveway as I was accelerating the car was changing gears very rough basically the car was bucking forward a few times. I’ve been driving the car for over 6 months so I know how it shifts and feels and this was different. It did smooth out and fix itself after a few minutes. Im going to make an appointment with the dealer but I’m afraid they won’t be able to duplicate it. Any suggestions?
You aren't alone on this, just look at the other threads.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There's a new recall out, and this one is a RECALL not just a "TSB/Technical Service Bulletin" ...........I don't have the link to post but it involves a seal in the clutch ....... something......... leaking oil, and possibly causing a fire under certain circumstances,,,,,,,,,,, loss of clutch oil, even if minor and slow, I can't help but wonder if these engine "stuttering" problems might be related to this.........the recall, of course, calls for replacing/upgrading the seal...............

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Last week for the first time, the shift up and down between first and second is not smooth when cold. I've noticed this now perhaps a dozen times, goes away when warmed up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts