Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Niro EX Premium "NON-PHEV - Saved $10K and the extension cord for the Christmas lights."
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Niro model has the lowering side mirrors when the transmission is placed in reverse?
I don't have them in my 2020 EX Premium HEV.
Rather have that than the silly folding mirrors.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Just for fun, I looked at every trim of 2020 HEV/PHEV/BEV Niro online. No mention at all. I suppose you could have them. Select a mirror adjust side (won't work in the middle) and see if that side mirror dips when shifting into reverse.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Niro EX Premium "NON-PHEV - Saved $10K and the extension cord for the Christmas lights."
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, I definitely do NOT have them on my EX Premium HEV.

Hey, but I found out the music volume turns down after shifting into in reverse, back to normal out of reverse.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My 2019 PHEV ex premium has the tilting side mirrors. I think there is a setting that turns it off so double check that isn't the issue, otherwise it's a PHEV vs HEV item.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
My 2019 PHEV ex premium has the tilting side mirrors. I think there is a setting that turns it off so double check that isn't the issue, otherwise it's a PHEV vs HEV item.
Doesn't seem to be available on any trim 2020 HEV/PHEV/BEV. Couldn't find any mention on kia.com

·
Registered
487 Posts
My 2018 PHEV has that feature. It's not actually al that beneficial in my experience, so if you don't have it, you're probably not missing out. There is a switch in front of the the driver's door armrest that controls mirror behaviors. I haven't looked to see if there might be a switch position that disables this feature, but if there was such a position, I would probably disable it.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
The middle position between L and R disables mirror dipping. Can't see why dipping would bother you though. Either your head is turned reversing, or you are looking at the camera view.

·
Super Moderator
1,134 Posts
I've had mirrors that dipped on several cars. On my VWs, it was valuable. On the Subaru, not as much. With the Niro, I found they dip too low to be of use when I'm backing into my driveway and garage. The slope of my driveway might have something to do with it, but I've left them off on the Niro. I can back up quite well with the mirrors in the normal position, along with the backup camera and just turning my head.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Our 19 touring Canadian version has the dipping mirrors , to tell you the truth I don't pay them much attention. They might be handy when backing up along a curb .

·
Super Moderator
1,134 Posts
Our 19 touring Canadian version has the dipping mirrors , to tell you the truth I don't pay them much attention. They might be handy when backing up along a curb .
That's the only value I've seen with them. Kia dips them too low for normal backing, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which Niro model has the lowering side mirrors when the transmission is placed in reverse?
I don't have them in my 2020 EX Premium HEV.
Rather have that than the silly folding mirrors.
I have the 2020 Premium and I have it. I turned it off since it dips way too low.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Our 19 Touring has them and I keep them off..use the camera and turn head.
Neither method will stop your wheel from hitting the curb, only direct vision like you would get from a dipped mirror. You could do this manually, but then you have to readjust them for use on the road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts