Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 385 number here fluctuates and has gone DOWN at times. What does this number represent? If total miles driven, it shouldn't go down, LOL! If this is some sort of gas mileage number, why is it in the hundreds? Sorry if I sound completely moronic, guys! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's the estimated miles to empty...

Miles driven and MPG is one of the options to have up on the screen to the right of that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's called the range. It's how many more miles you can drive on your current tank. I have found when I add the range to the total miles driven since fillup, it is close to 600 miles. And that's probably conservative on the range- Kia doesn't want you to run out of gas.
I'll bet I could get 600 miles per tank no problem, in a pinch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's called the range. It's how many more miles you can drive on your current tank. I have found when I add the range to the total miles driven since fillup, it is close to 600 miles. And that's probably conservative on the range- Kia doesn't want you to run out of gas.
I'll bet I could get 600 miles per tank no problem, in a pinch.
Again, really appreciate all the help! :) It's so great to have this Forum to turn to.

·
Registered
221 Posts
mkbomb- when you fill up with gas, you'll notice the range number goes to ~550- a full tank. Then, push the page symbol on the right side of the steering wheel. It will toggle the icons in the top middle of the dash display. If you toggle to the first symbol, that looks like a car/leaf, then use the up down arrows below the page toggle, you will get to Trip A or B and other stuff. Get on Trip A and push "OK". That will start you at zero for that tank, and will count the miles driven. It will also show your average MPG for every segment you drive. It keeps averaging every time you drive, and finally is the average for the whole tank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
realto - The A/B trip computer screens on my Touring show average speed (MPH) rather than average mileage (MPG). I wish it was the other way around, but that's my vehicle. Do other models differ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts