Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran out of washer fluid without warning the other day. Anyone know if there is a low washer fluid warning on the dashboard or in the information display?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have not run mine down that low nor have I looked to see if there is a warning. My 2011 Soul had a warning. I would assume my ‘17 Niro would. You don’t want to run dry in our MN winters. I’ll have to check this out. Looking forward to what others say.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The 'low washer fluid warning system' is only available on the EX Premium trim for PHEVs, and Touring trim on the standard hybrid.

Source: Niro Brochure

NOT SO..... I am currently low on my fluid in my '18 EX HEV w/Advanced Tech Pkg... I flashes on the center in a big alert screen every morning when I go around the curve on the way to work!
With only 43 miles left on my tank, the Low Fuel warning pops up in the same area, and the map unit queried if I want to find a gas station near by... I just love this car......

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the base EX model. This ticks me off quite a bit as every vehicle I've had since 1978 has had a low washer fluid level warning.

How can Kia be so cheap as to make this safety item a "Luxury"?

KIA: If you are reading this, You've now come a step down on my ladder of quality and integrity!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Safety item? I've owned cars with no washer fluid to refill at all. Quite the nanny state. In the future, car parking spots will automatically top off the washer fluid and there will be safety complaints from owners of cheaper cars that require manual refilling of washer fluid after a dash alert.

I've yet to own a car with a washer refill alert. There is probably room for one more indecipherable icon on the dash.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey all, I got a new message today.....I wish I could have snapped a pic, safety first, anyway it said something to the extent of "Make sure your hands are on the steering wheel" ........ sad part is, they were on the wheel!

WTF........

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hey all, I got a new message today.....I wish I could have snapped a pic, safety first, anyway it said something to the extent of "Make sure your hands are on the steering wheel" ........ sad part is, they were on the wheel!

WTF........
even if they are on the wheel they will not be sensed unless you exert some force periodically.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow. I’ve never owned a car with a low washer fluid warning. I didn’t even know that was a thing. My current cars are 2006 Honda Accord and a 2013 Mazda CX-5 so they’re not bottom of the barrel eco-boxes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts