Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Niro PHEV LXS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Kia App hasn't update anything in the last two months. My subscription is current.
I thought there was a problem on the app side, but after two months i decided to check the car.

Playing with the on board configurations I've got the information below.
Clicking on "update modem" gives me a "modem unavailable" error message.

As anyone encountered similar issues?

Font Gadget Electronic device Technology Multimedia

Gadget Audio equipment Font Rectangle Display device

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Looks like the modem isn't talking at all. All 0's for the IMEI and other values is clearly wrong and likely indicates there is an issue with the modem itself, either it's totally dead or at least can't communicate with the CAN bus. My guess is the head unit got no response from the modem at all.

Unless it's just a blow fuse It's not something that is likely to be a simple DIY fix, I see a trip to the dealer in your future...

·
Registered
2019 NIRO PHEV EX
459 Posts
Maybe just as a shot in the dark- reset the head unit by pushing the reset button below the radio on/off pushbutton knob.

Kia e-Niro,how to reset/reboot head unit - YouTube

This is very easy to do and maybe it could help you.

You may also try disconnecting the 12 volt battery for about 10 minutes then reconnecting. These are both easy to do and may help the modem "find" itself.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Maybe just as a shot in the dark- reset the head unit by pushing the reset button below the radio on/off pushbutton knob.

Kia e-Niro,how to reset/reboot head unit - YouTube

This is very easy to do and maybe it could help you.

You may also try disconnecting the 12 volt battery for about 10 minutes then reconnecting. These are both easy to do and may help the modem "find" itself.
Ahhh, the Raytheon Reset. I do love the classics...
😁

• Haha
Reactions: no2gates

·
Registered
7 Posts
you wont beleive this.i have been living with a similar issue for the last 3 years.

sorry nothing encouraging to report but you can checkout my struggles here. resetting head unit got replaced after lengthy escalations

long story short it never got fixed.every time i have a need for conectivity i use an office pin to reset the radio...things usually work well for 2-3 days beyond which modem again resets [a one cent pin solution for a 40k kia...:)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts