Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the most miles on there Niro? I am only at about 3500 miles so far. Loving the 55mpg I have been getting!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just turned 15,000 miles. Touring and I never take the roof racks off, most of the time have a board up there....averaging close to 40!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hold on there!

Just rolled 23,300 on my 2017 EX with tech pkg. Bought it the last week of August 2017. Should pass NiroGuy in the next 2 weeks. Going on a trip to Colorado next week. I haven't entered all of my fill-up on Fuelly yet. Ave about 50mpg.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Back!! About to roll 27,000 on it.

The trip to the Rockies was just over 2000 miles. Was a good trip with good mpg except on the trip back when I was just wanting to get home doing 75-80. Then I took a big hit, only averaged 34 mpg. In the Rockies I would be in the slow lane as the two squirrels under the hood had a hard time with some of the climbs. Setting the cruise control for descents worked good to control speed and usually kept the car in EV mode.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
In HEV mode, on the plug in with an “empty” battery and normal 16” wheels, I’m getting 44 at worst 46 normally 48 if I’m trying. A/C and heater don’t effect HEV mode too much. My true MPG taking into account charging a few times per week, (I don’t have a home garage charger yet) has been between 60 at worst 70 normal and 85 best.

With gas heading toward $3.50 a gallon, 15,000 miles a year I’d save $1,270 per year in gas at “70mpgE” vs a 26mpg average Optima. Taking into effect the tax credits reducing the lease price, seems to be a wise financial choice. Optima was great, and all we really wanted was the hatch back convenience. Could be saving $3800 in gas over this lease.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Although you guys are all getting better mileage than me. I have the touring edition which automatically gets last gas mileage but with the driving I do at the speeds that I drive and the loads that I'm carrying I average about 38 to 40 miles a gallon

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
That's not bad mpg everything considered. Given the mileage you drive, you might gain from getting the 16" wheels enough to cover the cost and then some. You can use the other wheels for winter tires if you drive in winter conditions.

Has the car gone through any changes in 130,000 miles? Any loosening of the engine or transmission? Rattles and squeaks? Suspension and handling? Fuel economy the same throughout?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm know at 144k and third set of tires. She still runs great it has however developed a loud clicking upon stopping and take off. As for the clutch actuator service I had taken it into the dealer 2 months after purchasing the car and the guy had to call kia and get back to me a few days later I was told my car does not require that service. Take that as you will. The only things I have done so far have been wiper blades tires air filter and cabin air filter I've also done oil changes every 20000 miles with mobil one full synthetic extended performance using a mobile 1 extended performance oil filter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts