Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Touring HEV
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Niro Touring 3 days ago. It came with what, on the sticker, are called Mud Guards. I asked the salesman about them, as I couldn't find them, and he pointed to a small piece of material sticking down below the frame in /front/ of the rear wheels, and said that was them. Several other people have told me the same thing. Well, they're not like any mud guard I've ever seen (especially for $95!); I'm used to mud flaps, which go /behind/ the front and rear wheels, mounted inside the wheel arches, and sticking down below the wheel opening to prevent stones and mud from being thrown up on the car side rocker panel areas. Of course, WeatherTech and others make Mud Flaps, and they are flaps, usually much to large for this type of car.

Well, I picked up a 2019 Kia Genuine Accessories catalog for the Niro at the dealer, and in the center of it it shows "Splash Guards", which, while small, is what I expected Mud Guards to be. kiaautoparts.com sells these for $40.25 per pair, front and rear (list $54), and other "other names" calls the "Mud Guards" (what my car is supposed to have!). And I see a bunch of them on eBay from China for about $13 for 4.

Has anyone mounted Splash Guards to their Niro, and what ones did you get?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Touring HEV
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, as I said, the sticker says my car has them, but all that's there is little pieces of something IN FRONT of the rear wheels. Whereas the Splash Guards mentioned above are real mud flaps, IMHO, and are behind all 4 tires. Which are yours?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts