Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this issue where my fog lights won’t turn on. This problem came to light couple weeks ago when we had nothing but rain for the whole week. I noticed this when I was about to drive home from my shop and turned on my headlight. I noticed that the dashboard indicator for the fog didn’t turn on even on the switch it was at the on position. At first I assumed it got wet and blew out or something so I checked the bulbs and they were fine. Next day it won’t turn on so I pulled into the shop and went thru everything that’s related to the fog light, from the bulb themselves to the relay/fuse (didn’t have one technically) to the switch itself. I plugged in my Autel maxxis scanner and tried to see if I can manually turn the fog on from the scanner and it did. At this point I assumed it was the switch that went bad. I looked around to see if anybody has it without having to go do the dealer unless it’s a dealer only item but only rockauto has the part but I need a part number to cross reference it. Does anybody have a part number for it? My car is a 2012 Kia Optima EX 2.4L

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Being this is a forum more dedicated to the Kia Niro, I am not sure what help can be offered. Your Optima would likely have totally different parts to the rocker switch that is in the Niro. I don't know if anyone else here is familiar with the Optima. Hope you can get it figured out as I know that having lights that don't work as designed is not good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts