Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Niro Touring with the navigation update from August, 2019. I have found that on occasion the map sends me in the correct direction (NSEW), but the audio command sends me in the opposite direction. I've searched the manual to determine if there is a corrective action that I could take, but found nothing. Anyone have any insight on this?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,264 Posts
You might try updating the nav software. You can download the latest updater program from Navigation Updater | Official Kia Motors Navigation Update Website. I can't say if mine's ever done that, as I have the audio disabled. I don't like their chatter, so don't bother with it. I also generally use Waze via CarPlay if I really need to nav for somewhere I really don't know where I'm going. Far better traffic reporting than the car's unit.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Niro Touring Pearl White
2 Posts
I have a 2019 Niro Touring with the navigation update from August, 2019. I have found that on occasion the map sends me in the correct direction (NSEW), but the audio command sends me in the opposite direction. I've searched the manual to determine if there is a corrective action that I could take, but found nothing. Anyone have any insight on this?
I have the 2018 Touring, which I've only had for a couple of months. I installed the latest update once I got it. The other day I went on a trip and had a similar problem. The nav was telling me to turn left onto something like Highway 7 North, but left actually went to Highway 7 South. Plus it couldn't figure out a route home to save it's life. It wanted to add nearly an hour of driving time and take me on freeways way out of my way. It had actually gotten me to my destination about 125 miles away from home just fine. Finding its way back was a real problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts