Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Kia Niro EX Premium
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to download the latest software update. The installation program asks for a Model number and SW ver. as the first step in downloading the update. The on screen hint for finding this info says to go to Settings/System Information / Version Information or Settings/system information/SW information.
I assume the file is located on the Nav system in my car but when i go to the Nav screen and then settings then information there is nothing like system information or version information or anything other than general setting for the map.
Am I looking in the wrong place? I looked under Setup, Media, and Nav and did not have any luck. I even looked in the PHEV section.
I have a 2020 Niro EX Premium with the 10" display.
Any help is appreciated. I tried to call the 888 number listed in the email notification about the update but could not get a connection.

·
Premium Member
2020 Kia Niro EX Premium
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ExJag, have you tried to see the missing info at this web site : How to Update | Official Kia Navigation Update Website
Yes, that is the site I am using. The instructions that I quoted are the instructions listed. Unfortunately the instructions are mum as to the location of the Settings file.
Is it the Settings file for the Nav system, the settings file for the Media, the settings file for the Radio, the settings file for the display, the settings file for the vehicle in general? I looked in all locations but did not find a file path as described so consequently could not input the system info or the version info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts