Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2019 Niro EX Plug-in Hybrid from Hollywood, FL. They happened to get a couple of these PHEVs from an auto show last month, otherwise, they are very hard to come by down here. I used TrueCar for some savings. The salesman was very knowledgeable about all the Tech in the EX trim.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congrats on finding a Niro PHEV. Interesting to hear what you're impressions of it are after taking delivery. Will this be your first hybrid?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congrats. I assume you went to Hollywood Kia? I used TrueCar and the only dealer that responded to my emails after the first wave of canned price emails was Miami Lakes Kia. I wish Hollywood Kia had worked out for me. It’s much easier to get to for me from west of of I-75.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I purchased (my first hybrid) from Hollywood Kia and they were pretty good. The salesman I dealt with (Habashy) really knew the car and even loaded my phone with the software (Android Auto, UVO, etc), paired it and explained it. After a couple weeks driving it, I am impressed and happy with my purchase. I have yet to visit a gas station. I work 22 miles from home so the trip to work is all highway and electric.

I bought a Morec 32 amp level 2 charger from amazon along with the components to add a circuit to my breaker box (50amp breaker and 6 gauge wire) so it charges in about 2.5 hours every evening.

I really like the smart cruise control and the other cool tech features of the EX. For nav, I usually use Waze but am having trouble with it in Android Auto - navigation stops when phone goes to sleep with Waze but not Google Maps. This does not happen with the regular Waze app.

The last couple days have been cool here and I noticed when I turn on the heat, it is warm but not hot while driving electric but when the engine kicks in when I run out of electric, the heat increases. Hopefully, these 65 degree days will end soon:)

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts