Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 1000 miles at 20 days of use and two 175 mile round trips in EV/HEV modes, my average is 70.5 mpg, admittedly I have a 9.5 mile commute one way to work many days, and charging availability at work and home and in town. Living in a semi-rural area, I am more than pleased with the early results. Will update monthly to give progress reports. I expect to travel 1500- 2000 miles a month.

·
Registered
745 Posts
With 1000 miles at 20 days of use and two 175 mile round trips in EV/HEV modes, my average is 70.5 mpg, admittedly I have a 9.5 mile commute one way to work many days, and charging availability at work and home and in town. Living in a semi-rural area, I am more than pleased with the early results. Will update monthly to give progress reports. I expect to travel 1500- 2000 miles a month.
Welcome to the forum, hope you continue to enjoy the car!

When I purchased my '18 PHEV I had a 40 mile one way commute and averaged ~55mpg overall charging at home at night. We recently moved and now I have a 5 mile one way commute and am averaging ~90mpg charging every other day with some longer range trips that used up all of the EV miles plus needing to run the ICE for cabin heat. Charging costs just a little less than gas so the savings are minimal, but I like not having to fill up every week. I topped off the tank on February 4th and have only used a quarter tank so far. I should get somewhere around 1000 miles out of this tank before I need to fill up again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts