Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Im picking up my kia niro ev (canada) tomorrow and Its my first ev so im very excited... so excited that i forgot to think about charging rates!! 馃槹

so heres my question: how do i go about setting the car up to only charge at 8amps with the level 1 charger? I wont have my level 2 charging system set up till end of fall early winter so ill be using level 1 charging however im not sure if my outside outlet can handle 12amps output so i was hoping to just default to 8amps. Ill also be using the level 2 public charger down the street once a week to top off before level 1 charging then using the DC fast charger when going on trips only (doesnt happen often at all!)

Registered
Hi everyone,

Im picking up my kia niro ev (canada) tomorrow and Its my first ev so im very excited... so excited that i forgot to think about charging rates!! 馃槹

so heres my question: how do i go about setting the car up to only charge at 8amps with the level 1 charger? I wont have my level 2 charging system set up till end of fall early winter so ill be using level 1 charging however im not sure if my outside outlet can handle 12amps output so i was hoping to just default to 8amps. Ill also be using the level 2 public charger down the street once a week to top off before level 1 charging then using the DC fast charger when going on trips only (doesnt happen often at all!)
Welcome! I'm not sure about the Level 1 unit that comes with the new EVs but for my '18 PHEV there is a button on the back of the control box that when pressed cycles through the charging modes.

Reactions: AstraEV

Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
I believe there's also a setting in the car's menu to limit the charge rate, but that might have been older models. I believe Jim is correct about a button on the back of the EVSE that comes with the car.

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you're going to enjoy EV driving immensely. Even with my PHEV, I'm hooked. I want full EV when my lease is up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts