Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just filled up for the first time my new Niro LX, Cerulean Blue with Advanced Tech Package. It had 13 miles when I got it. I am assuming it was filled at the port and not topped off by the dealer, but it's possible, so this averaging might be minus 13 miles.
Anyway, I filled up at the 1/4 tank mark, it had hit that mark a few miles before. I put in 8.256 gallons, and my mileage was 450.3. That is 54.54MPG average, woo-woo! According to the dash Odo, it was 53.7MPG.
I am definitely not a hypermiler, but not a jackrabbit driver either. I used the A/C and/or defroster some of the time, and tested out the sport mode, and acceleration. But I also tried driving in a efficient style, slower than I usually drive my other car, but not creeping. I kept the needle in the green Eco band most of the time, although it was tough trying to keep it in the widest part of the band, next to Charge band. Especially starting from a traffic light. But I'm not going to drive like granny because I have a hybrid now. Driving done in a small town with some lights and traffic, and some highway but not interstate commuting.
I am amazed and pleased by 50+ MPG, we'll see what future fillups do.

·
Registered
443 Posts
It's amazing how that light bar Blue, Green, etc. tends to make me drive more fuel efficiently than before I had a Hybrid. It just makes you want to see how good the MPG can be. :)

Not that I am an idiot driver: jackrabbit starts, slam on brakes, race front one stop to the enxt with the pack, lane changing, tail gating, accident causing IDIOT (might have been about 60 some years ago when I was 16 to 20 yr old :-( try not to remember that).

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's amazing how that light bar Blue, Green, etc. tends to make me drive more fuel efficiently than before I had a Hybrid. It just makes you want to see how good the MPG can be. :)

Not that I am an idiot driver: jackrabbit starts, slam on brakes, race front one stop to the enxt with the pack, lane changing, tail gating, accident causing IDIOT (might have been about 60 some years ago when I was 16 to 20 yr old :-( try not to remember that).
Ever since getting into cars that have an MPG gauge I have always been in the habit of getting the highest rating. Its fun, turns driving efficiently into a game. Gets even better for owners when they compare numbers online on forums and sites like Fuelly. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
And the worst part is, it's typically that idiot that causes more traffic in the rush hour because of his/her idiotic driving habits throwing everyone else off haha

*congratulations, you played yourself* ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts