Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Niro 2019
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my 2019 Niro off at the dealership after hearing a strange noise while braking. This noise comes from what I believe the front left driver's side tire. I finally was able to capture the noise on my phone and will be showing the mechanic at my Kia dealership. I figured that I would post the noise here in hope's to maybe finding someone who has had the same issue. I was told that it could be the ABS system but this noise happens when I'm light braking and hard braking. No indicators light up on the dash and honestly I have braked hard in other cars and I know what it's like to engage the ABS. Anyways, please let me know what you guys think. The sound is at the 3 second spot and i can only describe it as a scraping noise.Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our 2019 Niro is doing the same thing, also sounds like it's coming from the left side. Did you get any answers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just in case someone else gets dismissed by the dealership like I did the first couple times I brought it in, it’s Tsb tra 092 and nhtsa id number 10185035.

I was told they have to look at the lot number on the dual clutch to see if they have to replace it or the transmission.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just in case someone else gets dismissed by the dealership like I did the first couple times I brought it in, it’s Tsb tra 092 and nhtsa id number 10185035.

I was told they have to look at the lot number on the dual clutch to see if they have to replace it or the transmission.
Finally, some information I can work with. Thanks for sharing this! The first time I told the dealership I was told "it's just regenerative brakes, you'll get used to it" (but it was NOT doing that for the first 3,000 miles or so. The second time I was told to brake hard a few times to scrape off any build up. That obviously hasn't worked either. Next I'll bring them the info. you just shared. This is why I love forums!:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dropped my 2019 Niro off at the dealership after hearing a strange noise while braking. This noise comes from what I believe the front left driver's side tire. I finally was able to capture the noise on my phone and will be showing the mechanic at my Kia dealership. I figured that I would post the noise here in hope's to maybe finding someone who has had the same issue. I was told that it could be the ABS system but this noise happens when I'm light braking and hard braking. No indicators light up on the dash and honestly I have braked hard in other cars and I know what it's like to engage the ABS. Anyways, please let me know what you guys think. The sound is at the 3 second spot and i can only describe it as a scraping noise.Thanks
So glad you were able to record it. I think there will be more and more of us reporting this until something is finally done about it. It's clearly not normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts