Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked it up, I drive 100 miles a day just to go to work, and am looking forward to the mpg! So far about 48 with no change to driving habits and not yet broken in.

Black EX, no other options except the floor mats~

·
Registered
289 Posts
What are you driving habits like so far? Curious for myself but other people here would find it interesting as well when comparing to their numbers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’d rank myself as an average driver. I do find myself trying to push my MPG in this car which has caused me to be more conservative when traffic allows me that space. At other times I know I need to come from a dead stop in Sport mode if I don’t want people driving over the top of me.

Generally I get 55 mpg with an EX and the tech package. Have been driving the last week (first full week with the car) with the crossbars installed as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am averaging 48 mpg while always starting from a dead stop in Sport mode. I found the lag in eco mode almost unsafe. I also switch to Sport when looking to pass or climbing hills, the drop in mpg is worth the assurance of accelerating when I want to. I drive 500 miles a week and the best I have achieved is 55 mpg. The car handles very well and is fun to drive, but after test driving a dozen vehicles in the past month, I find the suspension/road noise from bumps to be louder than I remember on my test drive when I bought it in March of this year. That is the trade of for high mpg I guess. Be sure to keep a log of ANY issues that you EVER experience (time/road speed/weather conditions/duration). I was sold the Extended Service Plan by the Finance Manager because in his words "this is a new model and new technology". Very humorous because my Niro EX began having issues at 1500 miles/3 weeks. (More on that in another post to come.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts